Currently fixing it.

In my last blog post, I lamented about my anxiety surrounding academics in college, and for the sake of wanting to go to bed soon, I'm going to dedicate this entry to my miraculously corrected sleep schedule. While I know that I previously committed to using this journal to complain about process the many events that have made my college experience one for the story books, I think I also need to appreciate the many moments that make me love my life so much more than I did in high school, starting with my FUCKING AMAZING SLEEP SCHEDULE. 

First of all, can I just set forth a few questions? 
  • how did I survive off of so little sleep?
  • why did anyone ever let me live like that?
  • how did I not die???
But I digress. 

The beautiful thing about life in college is that you have complete control over your schedule. You have full autonomy over every aspect of your day (don't abuse this tho). For me, this means being able to call it quits when I'm tired and want to go to bed. Since coming here, the majority of my nights have consisted of at least seven hours of pretty comfortable sleep, albeit some outliers. Allow me to explain.

Obviously, you will have nights where you need to grind out an assignment and stay up way past your self-inflicted "bed time." But in college, not only do you have an endless list of procrastinated assignments to reconcile, but you also have dorm mates. A lot of them, actually. 

SIDE NOTE: THIS IS NOT ABOUT MY AMAZING AND PERFECT ROOMMATE I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND I'M JUST TALKING ABOUT MY DORM MATES ARE SOMETIMES (CURRENTLY) VERY OBLIVIOUS. 

As I am writing this, there are several people plopped on the floor outside of my dorm room, drinking out of a communal green bag (wtf?), and talking about ranking people on a scale of crazy to hot for purposes deeply rooted in "science." To say I'm a little annoyed would be a grave understatement. 

But aside from the odd-balls, I think most of my nights have been pretty amazing here. There is no better feeling than curling up into bed on a Thursday night after a long and rewarding day of studying and classes knowing that Friday is waiting for me. I crash into a deep sleep that leaves me feeling refreshed the next morning and ready for another day of hectic academics. So, to any high school student who might be reading this--

--what am I saying? this is a personal blog lol let me try again 

Let me transmit this message via brain waves to all my current friends in high school: COLLEGE IS SO MUCH BETTER! You won't be tired all the time, you will actually be motivated to study, and you can go to bed as early as you want! Life really does get better, so just hold on. (Okay this was actually me trying to heal my inner depressed and traumatized high school student -- she hasn't left me quite yet) 

Anyway, short and sweet tonight. Bye bye. 

Comments

Popular Posts